In 16. – 17. of March training the courses on European mink ex situ conservation were held in Calviac Zoo in France. The training course consisted of six lectures during one and half day followed by practical demonstration of European mink handling in captivity. The course was organised by Calviac Zoo and attended by zoo specialists in France interested in conservation of this species.
The training course consisted of the following workshop lectures:
1. European mink, Mustela lutreola, conservation breeding – introduction to the course.
2. European mink, Musteal lutreola, the species and its conservation.
3. European mink, Mustela lutreola, captive breeding – sophisticated conservation tool.
4. European mink, Mustela lutreola, conservation breeding program.
5. European mink, Mustela lutreola, conservation breeding – practical issues.
6. Reintroduction, complicated conservation tool.
This was the second course of its kind. The first one was hold in Spain in March 2011.