The annual monitoring of the status of European mink population in Hiiumaa has revealed that the population abundance has remained stable for the last years, even though there haven’t been any additional releases to the island since 2017. Besides the fact that the island was hit by an extreme drought and the number of small mammals was critically low last year, which made it a real survival challange for the minks, we were able to catch 10 minks during the last monitoring period. And the best news – they were all wild born animals! Out of those 10 (1F, 8M, 1?), one mink was actually caught for the second time, the first time being during 2017 monitoring. This gives us some reassurance that the mink are doing fine on the island.
Posted by: lutreola at Monday, April 15th, 2019
- Euroopa naaritsa uudiskiri 2018
- European mink newsletter 2018
- Donations for Conservation of Endangered Species in 2018
- Ohustatud liikide toetamine aastal 2018
- 1st International Small Carnivore Workshop
- Esimene rahvusvaheline väikekiskjate konverents
- Mink monitoring in Hiiumaa
- Naaritsa seire Hiiumaal
- UUS HEATEGEVUSLIK MÄRKMIK
- Kõige armsam aeg on jälle käes!
- The cutest season has arrived!
- Poegimisperiood on lõppenud ning aedikutest kostub naaritsapoegade mängumüra.
- Müügil on uus heategevuslik T-särk!
- Naaritsate uued vaderid
Foundation "Lutreola" - Since 1992
REG No. 90005573
at Tallinn Zoo
Paldiski mnt. 145
|Tel: +372 6943318
Fax: +372 6578990
e-mail: lutreola [at] lutreola.eu
|Bank: Swedbank, Liivalaia 8, 15040 Tallinn
Account: 22 101 218 1039
VAT No: EE101188261